STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Manage advertising revenue generation and sales staff development to achieve the financial and brand marketing objectives for Charlotte Magazine, Charlotte Parent, related specials and events in addition to prospecting and selling a targeted list of key accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Set Objectives with Group Publisher
- Plan, organize, direct and manage your sales staff to meet these objectives
- Utilize available tools (i.e. Sales pacing tool, CRM) to help your salespeople maximize their potential
- At the beginning of each month, counsel with each salesperson to review sales pipeline, prospects and objectives for the month and an action plan to achieve them
- Achieve forecasted sales by following your written plan of action
- Monitor each salesperson’s weekly performance
- Review with Group Publisher your monthly revenue and sales dept. expenses
- Supervise and plan annual sales budgets with the Group Publisher
- Develop and implement cross title and cross platform sales strategy
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of trade show marketing strategies as they relate to influencing current advertisers and potential advertisers
Coaching Sales People
- Meet daily with sales reps to ensure that they are doing everything they should be to successfully meet objectives
- Offer sales reps coaching, counseling, advice, support, motivation or information they need in order to help them meet their sales objectives
Manage Sales Department
- Maximize both present and long term sales and profits
- Keep face to face contact with your sales people
Develop Sales Team
- Recruiting, hiring, training and retaining sales staff
- Develop the most highly trained, professional sales staff possible
Conduct Sales Meetings
- Prepare in advance and conduct weekly sales meetings
- Review the performance of your salespeople and motivate them to even greater achievements.
- Constantly strive toward continuing professional growth
- Work to improve your sales skills, managerial skills, business skills and product knowledge.
- Applied advertising sales experience and sales management experience required. Experience in print and digital media sales preferred.
- Aggressive self-starter with successful track record of revenue goal achievement in current and previous positions.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to adapt to rapidly changing environment.
- Must be a problem solver and show creative approaches to new projects.
- Must work in close cooperation with other employees and other departments.
- Working knowledge of all functions within a publishing organization including print and digital.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Solid computer skills and Internet savvy.
- Proficiency in Advertising CRM Software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Explorer.
- Strong analytical, project management and business skills.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited 4-year college.
- Working knowledge of equine industry preferred but not required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Will work in a drug-free, smoke-free environment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation or any other protective status.