STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The role of Art Director is responsible for producing all elements and components of product design with practical creativity. Must be able to collaborate with editorial staff in creating feature layouts. Demonstrates the ability to design autonomously as well as function as part of team in order to produce high quality products. Skill set must include sophisticated sense of typography, photo editing skills, page design and ability to tell a story through words and pictures. Manages workflow as assigned.
- Must be very experienced with the Adobe CS, multiple versions.
- At least a four-year degree in design, art, journalism, related field or life experience.
- At least 4 years of consumer/trade/custom magazine or similar experience.
- Solid working knowledge of publishing workflows and pre-press processes.
- Sophisticated sensibility in application of imagery and process color to editorial page.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design trends.
- Highly organized, proactive, detail oriented with ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Deadline and project oriented.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, must be able to understand and utilize tact and persuasiveness while interacting with internal as well as external customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Professional conduct and appearance.
- Excellent ethics and integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Publishing Services leadership and design staff to conceptualize, design and produce all elements of MVP products including but not exclusive to maps, Where Magazine, Quick Guides and Guestbooks.
- Participate in book building process from concept through printed product.
- Responsible and accountable for correctness and completeness of final products while adhering to schedules and deadlines.
- Recommend methods to streamline and improve production/design processes.
- Facilitate the success of the team by being actively leader in problem solving and quality improvement.
- Be familiar with primary responsibilities of other team members and assist them when necessary.
- Monitor and stay current with all products produced by the team.
- Stay current on new software and technological advancements.
WORKING CONDITIONS: (if applicable)
Primarily seated at a desk using a computer in an air-conditioned office.
Must be able to work in a drug-free, smoke-free environment. Occasional night or weekend work.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job management reserves the right to revise the job to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation or any other protective status.